Roles and Responsibilities
Closely watch, monitor, proceed or set up implementation procedures to get rid of or prevent the outbreak of disease including any international threat against the public health according to the Communicable Disease Act B.E.2523, the International Health Regulations B.E.2548 and other related laws. Also it has to improve the main capacity of country’s accessing channels in various aspects such as communications, main capacity in normal situation and how to deal with emergency incident on public health that may spread to other countries.
- Monitor, screen and vaccinate passenger coming from communicable zone of Yellow Fever countries (Africa and South America) in order to prevent Thailand from the outbreak of disease. Such countries are
32 countries in Africa
|1||Republic of Angola||17||Cote d’Ivoire|
|3||Burkina Faso||19||Equatorial Guinea|
|6||Congo||22||Sao Tome and Principe|
|7||Central African Republic||23||Senegal|
|14||Liberia||30||Democratic Republic of the Congo|
13 countries in South America
|5||Guyana||12||Trinidad and Tobago|
- Monitor and control hygiene of places and areas (food, vehicle, environment, insect/animal carriers) as well as get rid of those that may endanger to the health of people
- Watch, control, prevent and follow the news and situations of communicable disease
- Disseminate information and news about communicable disease to passenger and related people.
Passenger travelling from Yellow Fever infected countries procedure
1. Please go to Health Control, Phuket International Airport for document checking.
2. Present your passport, yellow fever vaccination certificate, and immigration arrival form to General Communicable Disease officer.
3. Fill out T.8 application.
4. Passenger who travels from country with risk of yellow fever transmission in 6 days without vaccination certificate, passenger must receive a vaccine before proceeding immigration and go to qualified hospital.
PHUKET AIRPORT QUARANTINE OFFICE
Tel. 076 351 128
Fax. 076 327 576